Laboratory Technician must safely conduct laboratory experiments and analyses, and maintain laboratory high calibre through maintaining a contentious QC/QA system execution and monitoring.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Ensure the health and safety of himself and others
2. Adhere to laboratory safety procedures
3. Ensure hazardous chemicals are handled and stored according to laboratory regulations
4. Maintain a safe place of work
5. Report any potential hazards which cannot be corrected immediately
6. Carry out analytical tests as directed by identifying test procedures, preparing equipment, preparing sample, conduct routine and record test results.
7. Contribute the effectiveness of Laboratory operations
8. Report faults and maintenance requirements for laboratory analytical facilities – leaks, hazards, malfunctions, and calibration problems
9. Keep laboratory benches and work area clean and tidy
1. Experience with the above key duties and responsibilities described above are essential
2. Good knowledge of computers skills
3. English language speak and written
4. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
5. Good knowledge of test methods used in the oil Refinery laboratories
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 2-4 years of laboratory experience in Oil and Gas laboratory, petroleum production, petrochemical lab, or equivalent laboratory work.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in science / engineering, or equivalent degree