The Economics and Planning Engineer is responsible for preparing long and short range operating plans that ensures running the refinery in the most economic manner utilizing the refinery LP Model. He is able to perform economic evaluations and provide support to effectively use the refinery LP model for planning purposes.
The Economics and Planning Engineer is reporting to the Economics and Planning Manager.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Prepare annual plans, short range operating plans (SROP) and monthly operating plans (MOP).
2. Coordinate with both the operations and technical departments to ensure performing the monthly plans to achieve the target production.
3. Advise the optimum process units’ targets and utilization for the preparation of the daily operational guidelines.
4. Prepare the “actual vs planned” studies, and analyzes the reasons for deviations.
5. Follow up, on a monthly basis, the refinery performance. Data is being collected from different departments, and the contractual key performance indicators (KPI’s) are calculated and compared to those of the annual plan. In case of deviation, the future monthly plans should be adjusted to ensure achieving the overall targets by the end of the year.
6. Perform refinery business economics studies such as evaluation of the following:
7. Explore new economic opportunities to boost refinery margin.
The following qualifications are desirable:
1. Takes the above responsibilities in a high conversion refinery is highly recommended.
2. Works with a linear programming model.
3. Very good in using Excel and its functions.
4. Very good in writing Technical Reports.
5. Highly developed language skills in writing and speaking Arabic and English.
6. Dynamic personality with team work spirit.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 8 – 10 years of experience in the area of production planning and economics in a high conversion refinery.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: must have at least a Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering.