The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for carrying out all rotating Equipment activities during normal operation and in parallel to plant construction activities shall be involved in the construction, commissioning and start up in collaboration with the project O&M management team.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer (REE) provides technical assurance overview and support for rotating equipment systems and documentation to ensure safe, reliable, and cost effective operation and maintenance.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer is reporting to the Rotating Equipment maintenance manager.
1. Complying with company integrated HSEQ management system.
2. Establish in conjunction with Maintenance a Rotating Equipment Preventive, Predictive, and Corrective Maintenance Programs.
3. Ensure that all new and existing rotating equipment installations and maintenance activities are completed in accordance with applicable standards.
4. Make recommendations to implement/expedite repairs on failed rotating equipment.
5. Execute shutdowns and turnarounds procedures whether programmed or unexpected.
6. Develop and support procedures for routine repairs of rotating equipment i.e. "Major Rotating Equipment Repair Guidelines and Overhaul Procedure".
7. Contribute to the preparation of maintenance plans and budgets
8. Ensure the provision and management of the Two Years Spares for critical Mechanical equipment
9. Ensure the provision of the Capital Spares for critical rotating equipment
10. Develop spare part strategy for new installations and oversee implementation. Also review spare part strategy for existing equipment as needed.
11. Make recommendations to improve designs to improve the reliability of troublesome equipment.
12. Manage and allocate resources (manpower, tools and equipment) to achieve successful project execution phases (pre commissioning, commissioning, EPC hand over, and performance test run until the normal operation).
13. Review specifications, bid packages, design and fabrication drawings, and recommend manufacturers for rotating equipment.
14. Coordinate and supervise field repair contractors.
15. Knowledge of systematic root causes failure analysis (RCFA) and problem solving techniques.
Knowledge or Experience in the following areas is desirable
1. Machinery Condition Monitoring including vibration analysis
2. Hydraulic Evaluations
3. Hands on experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Centrifugal & Reciprocating Compressors, Steam Turbines, Gears, Mechanical Seals & flush plans, ANSI / API Pumps
4. Must be willing to work extended hours, nights and weekends as business needs dictate.
5. Must be physically able to climb towers, stairs or scaffolds as needed to support field work activities.
6. Familiar with International codes & standards like ASME, API, ASTM, ANSI.
7. Team player with multi-cultural exposure, strong ownership & safety commitment.
8. Highly developed language skills in written and spoken Arabic and English.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 8 – 10 years of experience in the area of operational plant maintenance. Experience in hydrocarbon processes, people supervision, contracts administration and budgeting control is also required.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: must have at least a bachelor's Degree of Mechanical Engineering.