Contracts Engineer will be in charge, but not limited to: Assist the Contracts Manager in selecting potential contractors, carrying out bid evaluations on a commercial basis, technical evaluation, negotiating terms and conditions; Assist in interpretation of contracts, monitoring service contracts, negotiating variations
The Contracts Engineer is reporting to the Contracts Manager.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Drafting and reviewing Contracts.
2. Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
3. Ensure that contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications.
4. Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
5. Negotiates contract with subcontractors, service providers or bidder.
6. Act as liaison between company and subcontractors.
7. Identify material breaches of contract.
8. Verify that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their obligations and no responsibilities remain unperformed.
9. Represent Committee members in negotiating with approved contractor and confirm that terms and conditions are appropriate.
10. Issue the final committee reports recommending the bidder selected by committee members.
11. Organize pre-award and kick off meetings with Contractors.
12. Produce final contract document for review and approval by the concerned departments.
13. Make sure all documents required from contractor are submitted in original (e.g. performance bond, insurance policies…etc.)
14. Contribute to the review of contractor performance.
15. Collate concerned departments feedback on contractor performance.
16. Advise on Penalty applications when due and if applicable.
17. Prior to contract expiry investigate renewal options and possibilities with both concerned departments and contractor.
1. Experience with the above key duties and responsibilities described above are essential.
2. Good knowledge of computers skills.
3. English language speak and written.
4. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
5. Knowledge and use of SAP System.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 9 Years of experience in Contracts field in an oil/gas or hydrocarbon industry.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Engineering.