Custom Clearance Supervisor will be in charge but not limited to; Contribute with all co-functional departments, Governmental Organisation to prepare the required documents to get in or take from site materials and settle all required payments with regard to the Egyptian Law, Rules and Customs regulations.
The Custom Clearance Supervisor is reporting to the Procurement Manager.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Liaise with buyers, expediter, to ensure arrival of materials from ports/airport or local markets to site.
2. Establish good relations with General Investment Corporation GIC.
3. Prepare all relevant customs documentation for signature from; ERC and General Investment Corporation to start custom clearance cycle.
4. Settle all the required payments and file all the supported documents covering payments for audit reasons and financial settlements
5. Prepare relevant customs documentation for signature.
6. Settle all relevant payments attached with all supported documents.
7. Be sure that all current Egyptian Customs Rules and Regulations are available at the department library and they are followed.
8. Inform Procurement Manager, Buyers with special documents that will help in clearance of materials; example, chemicals requires safety data sheets, etc.
9. Freight Forwarder rates to be agreed according the INCOTERMS agreed in purchase order
10. Collect shipping documents from freight forwarder to start custom clearance activities.
11. Arrange suitable transportation to transfer materials from airport/port to ERC free zone.
12. Settle all the required payments and file all the supported documents covering payments for audit reasons and financial settlements.
13. Co-ordinate with buyers to receive copy of shipping documents as soon as the goods are shipped to ensure that commercial invoice, packing list are having the same part numbers that are written on device or spare parts or materials to facilitate revising the material with documents in Customs.
14. Prepare Exempted Certificate from sales tax to supplier’s favour , this certificate to be issued from General Investment Corporation as ERC is free zone.
15. Settle all the required payments and file all the supported documents covering payments for audit reasons and financial settlements.
16. Ensure that all documentation relating to customs is filed securely.
17. Maintain records of all customs transactions for internal and external audit.
18. Prepare approved suppliers for special items including alternative suppliers.
1. Experience with the above key duties and responsibilities described above are essential.
2. Good knowledge of computers skills.
3. English language speak and written.
4. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
5. Knowledge and use of SAP System.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 9 Years of experience in Procurement field in an oil/gas or hydrocarbon industry.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Commerce.