The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible to ensure timely processing and recording of all invoices received, create entries, issue payments, reconcile open payables, maintain accounting records and accurate allocation to accounts.
Will maintain vendor relationships, vendor database, payment terms, review vendor statements, handle vendor inquiries and assists in monthly close and accounts analysis.
1. Responsible of reviewing expenses, vendor’s invoices and all related documents.
2. Assist A/P dept. manager in all aspects of accounts payables regarding local and foreign payables.
3. Ensure that all documents are approved as per order terms.
4. Proper calculation of taxes, discounts and debit memos as needed.
5. Reconciles key A/P general and sub-ledger accounts.
6. Costing calculation for period closing and inventory valuation.
7. Tracking of all purchase orders status on the system.
8. Responsible of entering of all transactions and entries to the system (SAP).
9. Charges expenses to accounts, sub accounts and cost centres.
10. Book all invoices related to delivery and freight costs.
11. Ensures that advance payments are following the company’s policy.
12. Assists with period end closing activities.
13. Prepare month end accrual and related entries.
14. Ensures all invoices are booked within the related period.
15. Proper documentation of all contracts and orders.
16. Ensure that all documents are approved as per order terms.
17. coordinate with purchasing department to get all documents before closing date.
18. Maintains accurate records, control reports and secure filing system.
19.Other assigned duties and responsibilities as required.
20. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
1. The ideal candidate will be details oriented.
2. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to successfully plan and accomplish goals.
3. Proven ability to calculate and manage accounting figures and financial records.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Complete understanding of general accounting principles.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to investigate and resolve problems.
7. Experience and thorough knowledge of accounting software systems particularly Accounts Payable
8. Excellent communication skills with staff members and management
9. Capable of handling multiple tasks.
10. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
11. Ability to work under pressure.
12. Strong commands of oral and written English.
Years of Experience Required: 4-6 Years of experience in Accounting.
Type of Education: Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting department.