DCS/ESD engineer must have strong knowledge in all control systems principles supported with day-to-day and hands-on experience (design, modification & troubleshooting) in Control Engineering (DCS, Safety Systems ESD) in Oil Refining or Petrochemical Plants. DCS/ESD engineer will provide technical support for DCS/ESD systems during SAT, commissioning, startup and systems handover then continuous maintenance services.
The DCS/ESD engineer is reporting to the Control Systems Senior Engineer.
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Ensure compliance with company HSEQ management policies.
2. Provide leadership, technical expertise and business perspective in all areas related to the plant control systems.
3. Follow the industry standards in all DCS/ESD maintenance activities.
4. Initiate, follow up and close work permits for all jobs related to control systems under his responsibility.
5. Initiate investigations of recurring instrument and control systems problems and recommend actions to rectify or diminish the severity of the problem.
6. Participate in the selection of control systems maintenance materials and spare parts.
7. Advise the Control Systems Senior Engineer on items for inclusion in annual plans and budgets.
8. Participate in the implementation of minor plant modifications and ensure they conform to company standards or industry codes and standards.
9. Participate in the commissioning of equipment following modification work.
10. Carry out control systems maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance work procedure.
11. Liaise with operations to confirm work schedules and ensure that equipment is prepared and safe for maintenance
12. Identify areas for improvement in the control systems maintenance department and put forward recommendations to the Control Systems Senior Engineer.
13. Work with operation and maintenance teams to drive continuous improvement and reliability of control systems.
1. Experience with the above duties and responsibilities are essential.
2. Good experience in DCS/ESD systems, Honeywell and HIMA systems are highly desirable.
3. Computer and programming skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
5. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Position requires 5-8 years of experience in oil refinery or petrochemical plant.
TYPE OF EDUCATION: must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering.